Karachi University Admissions starts every year probably in the month of;
October / November for Morning Section
November / December for Evening Section
Eligibility Criteria & Number of Seats:
- Sindh (Other than Karachi)
- Northern Areas
- Azad Jammu & Kashmir
- Armed Forces
Entry Test Pattern:
Closing Percentage (Last Year 2016):
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) Morning 81.00% Evening 78.18%
- Test Based Bachelors Programs (Morning)
- Open Merit Bachelors Programs (Morning)
- Open Merit Bachelors Programs (Evening)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q: What is a difference between Entry Test Admissions and Open Merit Admissions?
A: In order to obtain Admission in various Programs there are some procedures assigned. Entry Test Admissions are those in which one has to go through with the Admission Test to obtain Admission, while Open Merit Admissions are obtained on Scoring System of last passing school.
Q: What is Admission Selection Criteria?
A: In Entry Test Based Admissions, all you need to get 50 Marks and 50 Marks are calculated from your Intermediate Percentage, while in Open Merit Admissions you directly get assessed on the basis of Intermediate Percentage .
In order to get admission in Test Based Departments, it is mandatory to pass the Test.
Q: What does K, S, P means in Closing List?
A: Admissions are divided in 3 categories. K, S, P.
K = Karachi
S = Sindh
P = Pakistan
University gives priority to the students from Karachi for Admissions. If there are any seats available, than they allocate them to rest of Sindh. If still there are any seats left behind, they’ve to be allocated to the candidates from rest of Pakistan.
There are only 4 Departments in the Evening Session, who conduct Test;
- Applied Physics
- BioSystems Science and Engineering
- Bachelors in Computer Science
- Bachelors in Business Admnistration
For Applied Physics, BSCE, BSCS in Evening Shift has a same rule of Admission that one has to pass the Admission Test + Intermediate %. Whereas, for Admissions in BBA there is an aggregate of overall Score (Academic 40% + Test 60%)
- Every year there is different Closing Percentage. There is no way to obtain information of Closing Percentage before Admission Test.
- It is possible that Closing Percentage may rise or fall. Though there is no such difference yet been seen.
- There is only a possibility that you obtain admission in those Departments whose closing percentages are whether very closer to your Percentage or slightly up/down.