Guddu Barrage is an important barrage on the Indus River near the region of Kashmore in the Sindh province of Pakistan. President Iskander Mirza laid the foundation-stone of Guddu Barrage on the day of 2 February 1957. The barrage was completed in the year of 1962 at a cost of 474.8 million rupees and launched by Field Marshal Ayub Khan in the year of 1962.
Guddu Barrage is used to control and manage the water flow in the River Indus for irrigation and flood control purposes. The Guddu barrage has a significant system of three canals. Two canals on the right bank are among the greatest canal in the world. They irrigate a huge area of Sindh and Baluchistan.
It has a discharge capacity of 1.2 million cubic feet per second (34,000 m³/s). It is a gate-controlled weir type barrage with a navigation lock. The barrage has 64 bays, each 60 feet (18 meters) wide. The maximum flood level height of Guddu Barrage is 26 ft (8 meters). It controls and manages the irrigation supplies to 2.9 million acres (12,000 km²) of agricultural land in the Kashmore, Larkana, Jacobabad and Sukkur districts of Sindh province and the Naseerabad district of Balochistan province. It feeds Begari Feeder, Ghotki Feeder, Desert and Pat Feeder canals.