The shrine or tomb of Makhdoom Nooh was constructed in the year of 1790, of brick and colored tiles in New Hala. Makhdoom Nooh passed away in 1590 and was initially buried in the region of Halakandi. However, after destruction of Halakandi, he was shifted to the place of Hala Old and then subsequently to Hala New in the year of 1779. Large numbers of followers visit the shrine everyday to pay homage to the great Sufi saint.
Makhdoom Lutufullah, usually known as Makhdoom Nooh (1500-1590), was a great Sufi saint and scholar of Suhurwardia order of Sindh province. The descendants line up to its 18th Sajda Nasheen Makhdoom Muhammad Amin Fahim. Makhdum Nooh was the first to translate Holy Quran into the Persian language.
The beautiful and colorful Mausoleum was constructed by Pir Makhdoom Muhammad Zaman in the time period of 1790, and a cupola was added to it later the same year. The mosque to the north of the tomb was established by Mir Karam Ali Khan Talpur, whereas other nearby structures was built by Makhdoom Pinio Ladho in the year of 1810. The inscription over the entrance of the tomb reads: “Blest the Lord who gave power to build this heaven resembling dome full of grace”.