Hussain Dawood (born in the year of 1943) is a renowned Pakistani industrialist, educationist and an ardent philanthropist.
Early life and career
Hussain Dawood was born in the year of 1943 in Bantva, Gujarat in pre-partition British India. He is the Chairman of Dawood Hercules Corporation Limited. He is also the Chairman of Engro Corporation Limited, Hub Power Company Limited and The Dawood Foundation.
His social activities include:
- Karachi Education Initiative’s Karachi School for Business & Leadership.
- He also serves as a Member of the Government of Pakistan Education Task Force, Director of the Pakistan Business Council
- Member of the Board of Governors at the Beaconhouse National University, Lahore and is a Global Charter Member of The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE)
- Member of the Advisory Committee of the Dawood College of Engineering and Technology in Karachi city
- Member of the Board of Governors at the Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital & Research Centre in Lahore
Hussain Dawood has an MBA degree from the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, United States, and a graduate in Metallurgy from Sheffield University, UK.
Philanthropic Work of Hussain Dawood
The Dawood Foundation is a private charitable trust in Pakistan, formed by Hussain’s father, Ahmed Dawood, in 1961. Hussain Dawood assumed the chairmanship of it in the year of 2000. It operates various schools and supports The Citizens Foundation and the Engro Foundation. It has also done work in the sphere of medical care and has assisted in Pakistan those affected by the 2005 earthquake, 2010 floods, and the tsunami of 2004 in Pakistan.
Awards and recognition
- Hussain Dawood received Lifetime Achievement Award by Marketing Association of Pakistan in the year of 2016
- Honorary Consul of Italy in Lahore, Pakistan. He was awarded “Ufficiale Ordine Al merito della Republica Italiana” by the Republic of Italy.