Why discard jackfruit seeds when you can consume them for a number of health benefits! They taste like chestnut and can be eaten boiled or roasted.
Good source of starch — Jackfruit seeds, being rich in starch, are an excellent source of energy. A bowl of boiled jackfruit seeds keeps you full longer.
Rich in fibre — It is also a good source of dietary fibre and low in calories, making it an excellent weight loss food. It can also help in maintaining the blood cholesterol levels and reduce your risk of heart disease and prevent constipation.
Several Parts of the Jackfruit Tree and its advantages:
Following are the several parts of the Jackfruit or Fanas with some of the necessary health advantages to human beings.
- Root- Known to help decrease the symptoms of several skin diseases, asthma and diarrhea
- Leaves- The Jackfruit or fanas leaves are famous to cure fever, boils, curing wounds and also in skin ailments.
- Flower- Crushed inflorescence is beneficial in curing injuries.
- Fruit- Jack-fruit or fanas is largely nutritious, assists in lowering blood pressure, has anticancer properties, acts greatly in decreasing the affects of alcohol in persons, assists in treating nervousness and has several other health benefits.
- Seed- Jack-fruit or fanas seed is largely nutritious with rich content of protein, carbohydrate, lipid, starch and dietary fiber.
- Latex- It is famous that the Latex from the Jackfruit or fanas seeds is known to treat dysopia, pharyngitis and multiple ophthalmic issues.
- Pulp- Pulp is utilized to decrease the effects of alcohol in people and also act as a wonderful health tonic.
8. Bark- An extract from the bark of the Jack-fruit or fanas tree assists in treating dysentery.