Today, there are numerous ice-cream varieties, from every part of the world, available at store shelves. Although, the joy that the Sindhi palate experiences when a spoon of Kulfi rests on it, knows no bounds! Indeed, one of the most renowned desi ice-creams, the Kesar Pista Kulfi has a special place in our heart, which no other flavor can replace. With the crunch of nuts, the lovely color of saffron, natural creaminess of reduced milk and the rich aroma of spices such as saffron and cardamom, this ice-cream are beyond comparison. Permit the milk to decrease properly, in case to get a really intense flavor. Removing the kulfi in tact from the mold is an art, but merely follow the below mentioned instructions to get it right.
Ingredients of Kesar Pista Kulfi
- 1.5 litre milk, full cream
- ¼ cup cream, optional
- ¼ cup sugar, adjust to your sweetness
- 20 pistachios, chopped
- 2 tbsp saffron milk
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- Firstly, in a thick bottomed pan take 1.5 – 2 litres of full cream milk and get to a boil.
- Once the milk comes to a boil, add cream and give a good stir.
- Moreover, simmer for 30 minutes and keep stirring in between.
- Next, add sugar and give a good mix.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or till the milk thickens completely.
- Furthermore, add chopped pistachios, saffron milk and cardamom powder.
- Then give a mix and simmer further more for 5 minutes.
- Permit the thickened milk to cool completely. This may take at least an hour.
- After the milk is cooled completely, transfer them to kulfi moulds or to a plastic glass.
- Cover the glass with cling wrap or you can use aluminum foil.
- Additionally, freeze the cup for almost five hours or overnight.
- After 5 hours or more when the kufi is set entirely. Insert a stick in between the cup.
- Then gradually warm up by rubbing in between your hands. You can also dip in warm water.
- Gently, remove the kulfi from the glass / mould and garnish with few chopped pistachios.
- Ultimately, serve kulfi immediately.