Dr. Pirzada Qasim Raza Siddiqui (born on the day of 8 February 1943) is a prominent Indo-Pakistani scholar, Urdu poet scientist and educationist. He is serving as Chancellor of the Nazeer Hussain University.
Biography of Pirzada Qasim
Pirzada Qasim was born on the day of 8 February 1943 to an educated, Urdu-speaking family in Delhi, India. After the partition of Pakistan and India in 1947, he continued his studies in Pakistan and got his intermediate from D J Science College in Karachi city and BSc (H) from the institute of University of Karachi. He acquired his PhD at Newcastle University, England. He started his career as a lecturer at the University of Karachi and became a professor. Pirzada Qasim has been associated with the University’s Department of Physiology since the year of 1960. He also served as Vice-Chancellor at the Federal Urdu University, University of Karachi and Ziauddin University. He is currently the Chancellor of Nazeer Hussain University. He has written several books in English and Urdu, involving Urdu poetry.
Publications of Pirzada Qasim
- Free amino acids in blood, liver and muscle of Uromastix hardwickii. Pak. J. Biochem. 1 (1–2): 1–4 (1968).
- Synthesis of some immunosuppressive agents. J. Sci. 2 (1): 131–134 (1973).
- Histamine and its antagonists. I. Some stearic and pharmacodynamic consideration. J. Sci. 2(2): 249–258 (1973)
- Some azaindoles and related derivatives of potential biological interest. 11th Ann. Med. Symp., J.P.M.C., Karachi Abs. p-29 (1973)
- Changes in some of the properties of muscle membrane produced by chronic denervation in rat diaphragm. 11th Ann. Med. Symp., J.P.M.C., Karachi, Abs. p30.
- Studies on erythrocytes in Duchenne muscular dystrophy. 7th Symposium on Current Research in Muscular Dystrophy, Birmingham. Abs. 4 (1977). Foreign (International)
- Effect of ouabain upon erythrocyte membrane adenosine triphosphatase in Duchenne muscular dystrophy. J. Neurol. Sci. 34: 365–372 (1977). Foreign (International)
- Erythrocytes in Duchenne Muscular dystrophy. J. Pak. Med. Assoc. 29 (7): 144–150 (1979).
- Temperature dependent contractile properties of normal and denervated skeletal muscles. Nat. Sci. 1(1): 16–32 (1979).
- Effect of temperature on the duration of active state in normal and denervated skeletal muscle. Nat. Sci. 1(1): 33–40 (1979).
- Studies on autohemolysis in human erythrocytes. Nat. Sci. 1(1): 41–49 (1979).
- The effect of preincubation on adenosine triphosphatase activity of human erythrocyte membranes. Nat. Sci. 1(2): 105–110.
- Studies on the duration of parental immunity in chicks. Nat. Sci. 1(2): 102–104 (1979).
- An evaluation of some carrier detection techniques in Duchenne muscular dystrophy. J. Neurol. Sci. 43: 377–394 (1979). Foreign (International)
- The effect of dexamethasone on the growth of gamma irradiated tadpoles. Acta Anatomica 105: 134–139 (1979). Foreign (International)
- Levels of liver glycogen during normal and radiation induced metamorphosis in Rana Cyanophlyctus. Acta. Anatomica. 105: 338–343 (1979). Foreign (International)
- Thermostability of the lentogenic strains of Newcastle disease virus. Nat. Sci. 1(3): 137–142.
- Gamma rays as stressor of tadpole growth. Radiobiol. Radiother. 20: 661–670 (1979). Foreign (International)
- The effect of Dexamethasone and vitamin A on the growth and metamorphosis of gamma-irradiated thyroxine induced Bufo melanosticutus tadpoles. Radiobiol. Raditother. 21: 156–161 (1980) Foreign (International)
- On the effects of Amygdalin (Vitamin B-17) in Cancer Evaluation in rats administered Dimethylnitrosamine. Nat. Sci. 3(2): 33–39.
- Cancer risk in Pakistan: Environmental mycotoxin and prevention of exposure. Nat. Sci., 3: 96–97 (1981).
- Electrocardiographic studies in the patients of Duchenne muscular dystrophy. J. Pak. Med. Assoc. 34(5): 117–121 (1984).
- Osmotic fragility of erythrocytes in Duchenne muscular dystrophy. J. Pak. Med. Assoc. 34(5): 127–134.
- Myoglobinuria in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. J. Pak. Med. Assoc. 23: 95–99 (1984).
- Binding of Cardiac Glycoside Ouabain to Dystrophic Erythrocyte Membranes. Pak. J. Pharmacol. 2: 37–42 (1985).
- Relative vapour pressure lowering in the skeletal muscles of different animals and in the denervated and tenotomised muscles of uromastix. J. Pharm. Univ. Kar., 42(2): 119–122 (1986).
- Semen Analysis in insulin dependent/ non insulin dependent diabetic men with/ without Neuropathy. Arch. Androl. 30: 47–54 (1993). Foreign (International)
- Serum and Urinary levels of pituitary-gonadal hormones in insulin dependent and non insulin dependent diabetic males with and without neuropathy. Arch. Androl. 30: 117–123 (1993). Foreign (International)
- Comparative studies of the induction of Erectile response to film and fantasy in diabetic men with and without neuropathy. Arch. Androl. 30: 137–145 (1993). Foreign (International).
- Conduction velocity of the dorsal nerve of penis and penile brachial index in insulin dependent/ non insulin dependent diabetic men with/ without neuropathy. Arch. STD/HIV Res. 7(2): 105–114 (1993). Foreign (International)
- Diabetic neuropathies in males, circadian variation in pituitary gonadal hormonal release. Pak. J. Pharmacol, 11(1), 19–27 (1994).
- Estimation of nor adrenalne content of human penile tissue in diabetic men with/without neuropathy. Pak. J. Pharaceu. Sci. 7(2): 35–44 (1994).
- Eretle impotence in Insulin dependent (IDDM) and non-insulin dependent (NIDDM) diabetic men with/without neuropathy. Arc. STD/HIC Res. 7(2): 97–103 (1993). Foreign (International).