The Real Historical Background of Jacobabad

During the rule of British, as the basic part of British India, the city served as the administrative headquarters of the Upper Sindh Frontier District of the Bombay Presidency, with having a Station on the branch of Quetta of the North Western Railway, 37 meter from the junction at Ruk, on the central line. It was popular for continuously having the highest temperature in the region of sub continent. During June, the thermometer ranges between 120° and 131°F. The town was discovered on the location of the village of Khangarh in the year of 1847 by General John Jacob who lost his life here in the year of 1858. It has cantonments for a cavalry regiment, with settlement for caravans from Central Asia. The entire area is watered by 2 canals. A yearly horse show is organized in the month of January. The town was discovered near the Khangarh village in 1847 by Brigadier General John Jacob. He was died and buried here in the year 1858, and left a marvelous Victoria Tower in his remembrance in the heart of the city.

The Jacobabad’s commercial airport, about 300 miles north of Karachi and 300 miles southeast of Kandahar, is situated on the border between Sindh and Baluchistan provinces. The Shehbaz Air Base is co-situated with the Jacobabad’s commercial airport. The Shehbaz Air Base was one of 3 Pakistani air bases utilized by United States and allied forces to motivate the Operation Enduring Freedom campaign in Afghanistan. Pakistan admitted to an American appeal for a long term, factuals and support base presence at the Shahbaz Air Base in the city of Jacobabad following the terrorist attacks of 11th September, 2001. The United States forces, primarily from the United States Air Force, were resided there from Oct 2001 to Nov 2004. Units active during this time period involved a C-130 airlift squadron, a CSAR detachment, a Predator UAV squadron, and associated support units.

 

Also Read

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here